As baby K’s second birthday is fast approaching the realisation that he’s no longer a ‘baby’ but a full fledged toddler hits you quite hard. I know it may sound silly but being my first child, the fact that he’s growing up fills me with a sense of sadness.
Realising he no longer needs certain ‘baby’ things makes me feel like the baby chapter of his life is over, but I don’t feel like I’m done with him being a baby, well a part of me isn’t anyway, but I’m more than ready for no more dirty nappies!
Just as I was getting to grips with dealing with a baby, we’re being flung in to a whole new world, the world of a two year old. The tantrums, the chasing around, the sometimes not wanting to be cuddled and best of all the ‘I know what I want’ stage.
So here’s a list of a few things I’ll miss about my baby being, well a baby.
- The ability to put them to sleep anywhere and everywhere.
- Being able to go out with friends and have baby K be happy just sitting on my lap rather than squirming to run riot in the coffee shop
- No tantrums!
- Knowing that I can leave him in his bouncer do my cleaning, cooking, ironing and when I get back he’ll still be in his bouncer rather than climbing on the windowsill!
- Being able to be free with my chocolate addiction without having to hide behind a door while I indulge for fear of being spotted
Even though I’m going to miss that part of my boys life, there’s so much to look forward to as he makes the plunge in to full blown toddler.
- Watching him learn new things everyday and being totally amazed by it, the word bucket has never made me feel so proud!
- Seeing his little character develop before my very eyes, will he be stubborn, funny, talkative, independent, confident. He’s all of the mentioned.
- Teaching him new life skills that’ll help shape his character. Potty training is an essential life skill!
- Going on new adventures that he would of been too small for last year.
- As with when he was a baby creating new memories which we’ll cherish forever, because as with all of our angels they’re only this age once so lets enjoy it!
What do you miss about your little one being a baby?