Being a Summer baby it’s safe to say I love the heat and spending time outdoors and getting out and about.
We all know that things can get pretty hectic during the Summer and flipping through my diary it seems this year is no exception. Weekends are already getting booked up with birthdays, weddings and baby showers as well as the big changes happening in September with the arrival of baby girl and baby K starting his new nursery! On top of all this Mr H has been called up to do his military service for in North Cyprus for three weeks in the middle of July, so it’ll just be Baby K, the bump and myself to do as we please.
So I’m feeling like now’s the time to get a little organised and put together my Summer To Do List to make sure we spend as much fun quality time with baby K before he becomes a big brother!
So here it is all the things I would like to do this Summer before baby girl arrives…
- Go strawberry picking at Parkside Farm – I so wanted to do this last summer but we just never got the chance to, this year I’m adamant to do it as baby K isn’t as adventurous with his choice of fruit and veg as I’d like him to be so I’m hoping that by taking him to pick his own he’ll be a little more willing to try new things, here’s hoping!
- Head to Forty Hall for Stories and More! – We’ve only been to Forty Hall once but I’d like to go again and their Stories and More event looks like it’ll be a lot of fun for little ones to listen to an interactive story, sing nursery rhymes and get involved in some craft making.
- Start prepping for baby girls arrival – We haven’t really started prepping for the arrival of our new addition but this is something I want to really start focusing on well now really. Although we don’t need a lot for baby girl we do need a few bits for baby K, new bed as his cot bed is going to go to his sister, wardrobes for her room and a few little bits and bobs.
- Spend lazy days in the garden – When the weather was nice and hot a couple of weeks ago I brought baby K a paddling pool for the garden, since then the weather has been utter pants, so I’m hoping that as we go further into summer we’ll get some nice warm weather so we can set it up and spend some nice lazy days in the garden splashing around.
- Go see Paw Patrol at Old MacDonald’s Farm – We’ve only ever been to Old MacDonald’s Farm once but I really liked it, it’s not too big of a farm to feel overwhelmed by and it’s definitely age appropriate for baby K. Throughout the summer they have arranged for appearances from Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig and as we’re not going away this year I’ll definitely be taking baby K to one of these to have a nice day out.
- Arrange a cinema trip with Baby K – I’ve only taken Baby K to the cinema once before and I have to say he loved it, of course he loved it eating ice cream and popcorn at 11am! I’ve seen the adverts for the release of Cars 3 so am thinking a little trip to the cinema might be in order.
So there it is all the things that I want to do this Summer! Keeping with the idea of being extra organised I’ve jotted these down in my diary so they’re already penciled in and will mean that there’s more of a chance of me getting through everything while I still can!
What are your plans for the Summer? A nice holiday somewhere warm or like us loads of fun days out?