So yesterday was a tough day!
The plan was to get up, have breakfast and take baby K to Crews Hill for a playdate with my cousin and her boy.
The get up part was fine but from there it all went downhill. The tantrums, the uncontrollable crying and screaming, we made it to softplay but I was ready for a cup of coffee the size of my face!
I mean come on people, did nobody think to warn me that the terrible twos, as it’s called, rears its ugly head before two?
So my fellow mammas here’s a list of the signs to look out for when your baby makes the leap from sweet little angel to a cute thing with little horns poking out of it’s cherubic curls.
1. Screaming for no reason, I’m convinced it’s because they know they can and they like seeing the stress on our faces.
2. Screaming while throwing/sitting/laying on the floor. This one comes in various forms to keep you on your toes.
3. Throwing things when one doesn’t get what he/she wants-food, toys, beakers everything’s fair game.
4. Freaking out to a point where you question are they hurt, then being totally fine the next, like it was all in your head. Masters of mind games I tell you!
5. Totally ignoring you or using their new favourite word ‘no’. My son has got this one down, it’s like nope I’m looking at you but I can’t hear you telling me not to walk away!
So this is your warning, but I’ve been told it passes, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to keep calm, breathe and repeat ‘it’s just a phase’ and maybe have a bottle of wine on hand for when they revert back to being all cute and cuddly when asleep. After all we deserve it!